Fireplace Cleaning and Inspection
A fireplace cleaning and inspection-Brush the flue tiles to
remove soot and creosote build up. Clean the smoke chamber, smoke shelf and damper. Then vacuum any soot and debris.
Please follow these instructions
before starting a fire.
1. Open the damper – It should be closed
when the fireplace is not in use.
2. Place 2 Small to medium sized pieces of
firewood on the grate and place some
crumpled up newspaper for tinder
between the logs.
3. Cover the tinder with several pieces of kindling. Be generous with the kindling as
it is the most important element in starting your fire.
4. Place 2 more pieces of firewood on top of the kindling and 2 more at right
angles to these two. Leave some space between the logs for air circulation.
5. Warm up the flue by holding a piece of burning rolled-up newspaper
in the damper region for 10-15 seconds. This helps the flue establish
a good draft.
6. Light the tinder. Within a few minutes you should have a hot, roaring
fire in your fireplace.
NORTHEAST OHIO SERVICE AREAS
Cleveland, Hudson, Euclid, Chagrin Falls, Kent, Solon, Bedford, Streetsboro, Aurora, Gates Mills, Twinsburg, Macedonia, Maple Heights, Beachwood, Brecksville, Tallmadge, Rootstown, Strongsville, Chesterland, Ravenna, Newbury, Cuyahoga Falls, Olmsted Falls, Moreland Hills, North Olmsted, Independence, Rocky River, Bay Village, Westlake, Lakewood, Berea, North Royalton, Richfield, Stow, and surrounding areas.